Team FakeNL (3) – Brazil/Hungary – CESA: Copyright Evidence Scientific Articles (1st Prize)
The Project: CESA – Copyright Evidence Scientific Articles (1st Prize)
The aim of the project was to visualize copyright evidence gathered from different social media platforms. We tracked Twitter and Reddit data to give a comprehensive picture about the publishers, topics and other aspects of illegally downloaded articles. We find this topic interesting and relevant as University students, researchers or just people who are interested in given topics often find it hard and expensive to reach and read articles. We sought to provide easily understandable but insightful graphics.
Used sources & codes
The website was powered by RubyOnRails. We used Python and R for data manipulation and processing from Twitter’s, Reddit’s and CrossRef’s API. We used AMCharts for the visuals, The Noun project for icons and Unsplash for pictures.